Weekly Menu Planning: How To Do It
WHY MENU PLANNING MATTERSYou will find lots of amazing and delicious recipes in our vegetarian cookbook. What you’ll also discover is that we set up our vegetarian cookbook, so that you can easily put together many meals based on things that you already have in your kitchen cupboards (or will have once you begin cooking from our vegetarian cookbook!). Menu planning is a big part of learning to love the Christian Diet – here’s why.
- Save money. You will always save money when you buy only those things that you need in advance, instead of buying on impulse at the last minute. When menu planning, it’s also possible to purchase items that are on sale and in season, which is a big part of the Christian diet.
- You can freeze meals in advance, so that all you have to do is take a prepared meal out of the freezer and heat it up. We know how busy weeknights can be, and meal planning makes the most of the little downtime that you do have.
- You’ll eat more varied meals. If you sit down to plan means every week, you will notice that the types of meals you prepare varies greatly from week to week. In turn, this cuts down on monotony. Instead of reach for that same old recipe, menu planning allows you to mix things up.
- You will always have something to feed family and friends that drop by your house unannounced. Have you ever been caught off guard when someone shows up to visit? When you plan and freeze your meals, you will always have something ready to eat!
- Meal planning just makes life easier. Life is stressful enough, you should have to worry about what to eat every day on top of that stress. Take some of the pressure off of yourself, and plan means in advance.