Eating a raw food diet has a lot of different benefits, but you won’t really get a taste for more of these perks unless you give raw food a try. Should you decide to make the switch, here are some of the benefits of a raw food diet.
1. Crazy energy. Due to all the nutrients that are included in a raw diet, your energy levels will increase. All of that energy means that you’ll be more productive.
2. Living food has more nutrients and enzymes. When we cook food, a large number of the nutrients are removed from that food. Raw food is packed with healthy enzymes that are needed to effectively break down food and increase things like energy.
3. You will eat fewer chemicals. If you eat raw organic fruits and vegetables, you won’t be consuming the chemicals that are found in all packaged food items. Eating less chemicals means being better to your body, and your body will reward you for this effort.
4. Increased fiber. Most people walk around with clogged bowels. Eating a raw diet means moving your bowels a few times per day, and that leads to a complete detox.
5. It’s easy to eat raw. All you have to do is munch on some vegetables or a piece of fruit. There’s no need to spend hours cooking anything on a raw diet – it’s the perfect plan for anyone with limited time.
6. No afternoon crash. People that have tried a raw diet do not experience that “afternoon crash” that most other people do. Raw foods give you more energy, and more energy simply means that you won’t feel as tired throughout the day.
7. You’ll give your body a break. All of those nutrients and enzymes means that your body won’t have to work as hard to help you stay healthy. Plus, raw foods can be incredibly tasty – you just have to know how to prepare them, and most of the time, you don’t really need to prepare anything (unless you want to whip up a raw dessert!).
THE RAW DIET COMPONENT
We advocate eating raw fruits and vegetables as much as possible because these foods are simply better for you. However, we also believe in eating some cooked foods, so you’ll find both types of recipes on this website and on this blog. If you want to try a raw diet, you don’t have to go raw all at once. You can begin by transitioning over to a vegetarian diet, and you can work you way towards more raw foods from there.
Our natural cookbook is filled with raw food recipes that are both tasty and tested. Plus, you’ll find that our natural cookbook contains tons of different ways that you can prepare tasty raw foods. Try some of the foods from our natural cooking, and let us know what benefits you gained from eating a raw diet. We’re betting that you will love the way you feel, and that you’ll also love the simplicity of eating raw foods. To get started, simply replace one meal that you eat today with some raw food items. You’ll start to feel better immediately.
We’d love to hear about what you’re doing to incorporate more raw foods into your diet. Leave us a note on this blog, or post a note on our Facebook
page. We’re also here to help you with anything that you need when it comes to a vegetarian, vegan, or raw food diet – just ask!
Fruit Bowl CC Image Courtesy of Jennifer via Flickr.