it’s Pumpkin Time!
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- Fresh grated ginger
- 2 Cups of vegetable broth
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 Cup of creamy almond or soy milk (plain)
- 1-2 Tbs. cilantro or chives chopped
- Peel the pumpkin, remove seeds and cut in small pieces.
- In a large covered pan, cook the carrots, onions, garlic and ginger, with 1-2 tsp. olive oil, soy butter, or water until soft , but not brown.
- Add the pumpkin and toss 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bay leaves and seasonings; cover and simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor (discard bay leaves); add the almond milk and blend until smooth; adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with chopped fresh fl at leaf parsley, cilantro or chives.
SOME PUMPKIN DANGERSA lot of different pumpkin drinks that are offered by large coffee houses and chains during the fall season are laced with things that aren’t part of the Bible diet – or even the vegan diet if you think about it! Here are some things to be wary of:
- Artificial colors
- Artificial flavors
- Mystery ingredients
- Sugar in any amount
- Spices that aren’t part of the Bible diet
- GMO milk
- Other things that are added but not fully explained