Vegetable Pecan Nut Loaf
- 11⁄4 cups soy or nut milk
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 Tbs. soy or olive oil
- 11⁄4 tsp. sea salt or kelp
- 3 cups steamed brown rice
- 11⁄2 cups chopped pecans, almonds or walnuts
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, sautéed
- 2 Tbs. cashew or peanut butter
In a saucepan over medium heat, stir first 4 ingredients, until mixture comes to a boil. Place rest of ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the cooked mixture, stirring to combine all ingredients together. Spoon into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in 350 ̊ oven for 50-60 minutes.
Turn out on platter, garnish with parsley. Serve with your favorite gravy or find one of the gravies in our best vegetarian cookbook for a real treat!