Tortilla Fresh Veggie Wraps
- Whole grain flour or corn tortillas
- Tofu, cubed or mashed and seasoned
- Red and green bell peppers, diced
- Fresh baby spinach leaves
- Diced avocado or ripe sliced olives
- Onions, sweet white, red, or fresh green
- Celery, finely chopped or cilantro
- Carrots, fresh long shreds or grated
- Zucchini, fresh long shreds
- Ripe tomato wedges or mushrooms
- Sea salt, garlic and onion powder
TO MAKE SANDWICH:
- Heat tortillas over med-high heat on ungreased skillet 10-15 seconds to soften, or stack tortillas in a covered pan and wrap in foil; heat in 350° oven, 8-10 minutes just to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mash and season tofu with sea salt, garlic, onion powder, and a little mayonnaise to moisten. Add some finely minced sweet onion, celery, cilantro, and bell pepper or pimento.
- Spread tofu mixture over tortillas, leaving a 1″ space around edges. Top with avocado, olives, green onion, spinach leaves, grated carrot, sliced mushrooms, shredded zucchini and sliced tomato.
- Fold ends of tortilla over filling. Anchor with toothpick or wrap to hold filling.
The Tortilla Fresh Veggie Wraps are absolutely perfect when you want a quick and delicious lunch or picnic item that’s also part of the Christian diet. This is a cold and fresh wrap, but we know that sometimes only a hot and delicious sandwich will do – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too with our Baked Eggplant Sandwich!