Cashew Brown Rice Loaf
- 1 cup raw cashews, finely chopped
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- 2 cups rich nut or soy milk, plain
- 2 large onions, chopped, sautéed
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 slices bread, crumbled
- 2 Tbs. Bragg Aminos® or soy sauce
- 4 Tbs. minced parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. thyme, sage, celery seed, to taste
- Veggie salt, to taste
Chop the nuts or run through a food grinder. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Cover and place dish in pan of water. Bake 1 hour at 350 ̊. Serve with Cashew Gravy from our best vegetarian cookbook or your favorite sauce.
Yield: 6 servings
Talk to Us! Let us know what you think about these recipes by sending us a note or by letting us know which ones you love the most – we’re also thrilled to see photos of our recipes if you have those, so feel free to post those to our Facebook page. When you want something warm and filling and comforting, our loaves and burgers will do the trick!
Veggie CC Photo Courtesy of digipam